You my ask yourself: why did we create yet another task & calendar application?
We weren't happy with what was out there and in our eyes, most apps lack these two things:
- A fast and efficient usability, that doesn't feel like a burden
- A proper combination of tasks and calendar entries, that follows one's priorities and allows to reserve time for what's important.
We're developers and in the manner of “scratching your own itch”, we've created an application that just serves our own purpose.
Let us tell you more about its story and principles in some videos:
You can browse the videos with J/K and play/pause them with Enter.
Why we built yet another task management application — Sebastian Daschner
In this video, taken from Sebastian's blog post, he explains the motivation and background story.
When building DayCaptain, we were guided by the following principles that we were trying to capture in the following teaser:
- Prioritize tasks and the time you spend on them.
- Own your day – and your time.
- Start with a blank page.
- Review what works for you.
- Use your tools as fast as you can think.
Take ownership of your time
In this teaser, Philipp explains why we should take ownership of our time.